Thursday, May 16, 2013

Still on Block One

More slow and steady progress on this Block in My Girls Day out quilt.
I've used Floriani's double sided wonder fusible interfacing and it is quite thick. Fortunately my needles are sharp and are going through the layers relatively easy. Well easier than I had thought. 


Some more slow progress on this cross stitch by Faye Whittaker

(sorry about the picture - can't rotate but uploaded in right position?)

Looking forward to starting this:



And, I was thoroughly spoilt by my friend when she returned home from England. How cute are these? And they can be purchased in a department store like our David Jones? I love it!
(I also received a lovely Liberty lavender satchel but is currently keeping my drawer smelling 'lavenderish')



There hasn't been alot going on craft wise - I finished my mothers day calendars (and forgot to take photo's prior to Mothers day) but was very happy with the way they turned out (and so were the recipients).

Happy Stitching
Susie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely work Susie i must start on my girls day out blocks too,enjoy your evening.xx

Susie said...

Thank you Shez. You too!

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely stitching Susie,I love this quilt,would like to it myself.
Great gifts from your friend.x

Simone Harding said...

Great work.
Block one for the new quilt looks good mine still sits in its pack ready to do one day!!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Slow and steady is way better than nothing at all. Block one on the new one is almost too hard to resist. Enjoy. hugs

Susie said...

I think you should try this one - you would love it!