Thursday, April 12, 2012

Australasian Quilt Convention (AQC)

Today I was fortunate enough to attend the Australasian Quilt Convention. I was really excited to attend this year's event, particularly due to the Japanese quilt exhibition - 'Cotton Poem' by Kayoko Oguri (and others). I love everything Japanese and today did not disappoint. It started with a traditional Japanese (Green) Tea ceremony. It brought back lovely memories of living in Japan when I was younger.

I took so many photos today that I'll probably have to do a number of blog posts.

Here are some of the stand-out quilts - there were a lot of those! I really admire the  hand quilted/pieced/appliqued quilt. They truly are a work of art.

The Tumbling Jacobean by Anne Pearce
Hand pieced, appliqued and quilted!


The colours are delightful




2031 charms!!


Next was a quilt that really caught my eye titled Surfers Paradise. This quilt was quilted on a domestic machine - I just love the detail of the dolphin in the solid colour quilting!

by Ansa Braytenbach


look at that detailed quilting!
Next was another domestic machine quilted quilt by Deborah Louie. Amazing work Deb!










 I have many more photographs of inspirational quilts. I can't imagine the hours put into these quilts but after all they really are a labour of love.

Happy Stitching, Susie





2 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

All lovely,but that block quilt is simply stunning.I would love to make one of those,what an achievement that would be.
Hugs .Laura xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I am heading down on Saturday and am so looking forward to it :o)