Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Baby Quilt

I've been meaning to show you this quilt for a long time but for various reasons got waylayed......not to mention frustrated at the amount of time it takes to upload my photos!

I bought this quilt as a kit from Primitive Patches, a gorgeous little quilt store not far from me. I'm not sure of the fabrics, I'm sorry. I was pregnant with my littlest one at the time. I was looking to make a unisex quilt but having already had two girls, I thought it was highly likely to have another.. This quilt caught my eye hanging in the shop and I knew I wanted to make it..........


(sorry for the photo quality)

After taking a good look at the fabric you can't mistake it for being a little 'girl centric'.....I think its just what I am used to and attracted to...........It comprises little hanky linen squares....









aren't the fabrics gorgeous?


I used a 'dick and Jane' type pattern for the back and decided to add the stripe border down the side.


I hand-quilted this one. (I love hand-quilting......)


These little pics are Too cute!! I think a fussy cut pillow with some of these cute pictures might be on the cards soon, I have a little left over.


So along came my BOY - Tommy......I only had the top completed when he arrived and with all that was going on with three kids and the thought that it was a little girly - this quilt didn't feature high on my priority. So when Tommy was six mths old I decided to finish it. It now resides on my 3yr old daughters bed. Despite being a cot-size quilt it fits quite nicely on her bed. She loves it - I think its Lily's now.....




Happy Stitching everyone.

Susie

3 comments:

Maria said...

Your lovely quilt looks beautiful on the bed

rosie said...

Susie, that quilt is gorgeous.. Lily will treasure it..

Fiona said...

Lovely quilt.. such great pictures and I am so impressed with all the hand quilting
Hugz